1.The editorial board of the journal in its work is guided by the modern legal requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation with regard to copyright, anti-plagiarism and ethical principles supported by the community of leading publishers of scientific periodicals, and also follows the guidelines of the International Committee for Publication Ethics (COPE), standards approved at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity (Singapore, July 22-24, 2010), as well as other regulatory documents governing the ethics of publishing scientific results .
The scientific and ethical standards adopted by the editorial board cannot be changed in favor of commercial or business interests.
2. Compliance with ethical norms and rules is mandatory for all participants in the process of publishing scientific materials. All participants in the publishing process are guided by
• The principle of scientific objectivity and independence in the selection of research materials:
The rejection of articles is carried out solely on the basis of relevance, scientific significance, originality of the submitted materials, as well as their compliance with the requirements and the subject area of the publication. The decision to publish an article or its rejection cannot be influenced by the racial, ethnic, civil, gender, religious affiliation of the author, his sexual orientation and political views;
• The principle of integrity and competence of scientific expertise and preparation of materials for publication:
All materials submitted for publication are tested for plagiarism and illegal borrowing and double blind peer review. Articles containing personal criticism are rejected without review;
• Privacy principle:
The information presented in the materials submitted for publication cannot be used by the editorial staff, reviewers and members of the editorial board in their own research or transferred to third parties without the written permission of the author. Confidential information obtained during peer review cannot be disclosed and used for personal gain;
• Principles of collegiality and openness:
All members of the editorial board participate in the formation of the content of the scientific publication and bear equal responsibility for the quality of published materials. When making a decision on the publication of materials, the editorial board seeks to prevent a conflict of academic and personal interests. Upon detection of conflict situations, the editorial board takes all necessary measures to restore the violated copyrights.
The Editor-in-Chief of the journal is responsible for:
• Administration of the review process and communication with authors and members of the editorial board to ensure publication of the journal once a quarter;
• Final decision on the publication of the submitted material, which is made taking into account the opinions of reviewers and members of the editorial board;
• Providing materials for the preparation of publications that have been stored for at least five years from the moment they were submitted by the editorial office upon receipt of a request from the publisher, founder or other third parties (including representatives of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation).
Reviewers are responsible for:
• Scientific correctness, objectivity and independence of the examination; personal criticism of the author is unacceptable;
• Peer review taking into account the current state of religious studies, as well as taking into account the diversity of existing points of view on the issues discussed in the article;
• Materials submitted for review cannot be used by the reviewer for personal purposes or transferred to third parties. The reviewer has the right to refuse to review and notify the Editor-in-Chief in case of a conflict of interest.
Authors submitting materials for publication to the journal are responsible for:
• Scientific credibility, novelty, theoretical reasoning and ethical correctness of the results of studies. Articles and materials proposed for publication must be original, that is, previously unpublished anywhere;
• All borrowed statements used by others must be made out in accordance with copyright and citation requirements;
• Articles written in co-authorship reflect the contribution of all persons who participated in the study and influenced its course, as well as links to works that were relevant to the study. Persons who provided only technical, consulting, organizational, moral or material support cannot be co-authors of publications;
The editorial board and the publisher have the right to reject any materials that violate the above principles.
3. If the published article contains facts of violation of the ethical standards of scientific publications (plagiarism, improper borrowing, concealment of conflicts of interest, falsification of data, etc.), the editorial office and the publisher are entitled to withdraw (retract) the article, notifying the author within 10 days after the decision. The editorial board retracts the article on the basis of an official appeal from the author or authors of the article, reasonably explaining the reason for his/her decision, on the basis of his examination or on the basis of information submitted by the editorial office.
A retraction announcement is published in the next issue of the journal and on the journal’s website. There is no mechanical removal of the article from the archive, however, the text “Retracted” and the date of retraction are applied to the electronic version of the text, the same litter is placed in the Table of contents of the issue, and the reason for the retraction is indicated on the website. The editorial office informs about retraction of the article in all the databases in which the journal articles are posted, as well as in the Database of Retracted Articles under the auspices of the Russian Association of Scientific Editors and Publishers https://rasep.ru/sovet-po-etike/retracted-articles.
4. The journal “Religiovedenie” provides direct open access to its content on the assumption that the free flow of research contributes to a wider exchange of knowledge at the global level.
To publish the peer-reviewed material, the author of the journal enters into the License Agreement, the contents of which can be found here:
Amur State University presents the published materials in public open access for non-commercial use on the official website of the journal “Religiovedenie”, as well as in publicly available scientific and educational databases within the framework of the rights transferred to it under the License Agreement.